A few weeks ago, I was excited to find out that I won the Sketch Challenge (from back in Feb) at Bo Bunny. Yay!
It was my first time entering a scrapbooking contest online. I have to say the online challenges are so much fun. If you’ve been seeing them on your favorite blogs and considering doing them I recommend trying one out!
First, it’s exciting to find an assignment you’d like to do, go through the supplies you have that are waiting to be used & make a layout with the sketch in mind. Second, there are so many challenges going on at all times and it’s so fun to see what others create. Third, I figure doing challenges will help me get caught up on my pages quicker (we all need goals). Fourth, you can win exciting prizes too! Another awesome thing about this particular one is that Bo Bunny used an Allison Davis Sketch from Sketch Support. (Allison happens to be one my favorite scrappers!)
Here’s the layout I created (Crazy Love Collection):
Here’s a link to the post where I submitted my Valentine’s Day layout.
Thank you to Bo Bunny for the great prize that arrived yesterday!! I love finding scrapbook treasures waiting on my doorstep.
It’s a pack of items from the Serenity Collection: all of the patterns of 12×12 paper collection, buttons & dimensional stickers . The teal/red/black/taupe’s will be fun to work with in a layout, now I need to figure out which photos will be the best fit.
THANK YOU Robbie & Megan @Bo Bunny for all the fun contests you do on the blog. It’s a lot of fun to see all the many craft ideas you feature on the site from your designers that are around the world.
I look forward to creating some fun layouts & cards with this beautiful paper!!
Last week I was visiting the Bo Bunny blog after completing a few layouts with some Bo Bunny paper. I came across their sketch challenge and decided it would be fun to do a layout.
I have a pack of the Crazy Love paper that I haven’t used yet that will be perfect to use for Valentine’s Day layout that’s on my to-do list.
“I adore you”
Supplies: Patterned paper & chipboard embellishments: Bo Bunny-Crazy Love Collection Pack, Cardstock-Bazzil, Letters-Thickers & Making Memories
The layout is based on this great sketch supplied by Sketch Support. The sketch is a one page layout but I prefer to do two page layouts so I decided to alter it a little.
- I wanted to have a larger photo be the focal point of this layout. Changed the two 3×5 photos in the sketch to one 5×7.
- Resized other three photos before printing so that they’d be the right size for the photo block. They would all need to be 5 inches tall in order to work. The small two are 2 1/2 inches in height and the larger one is 5 inches just like the 5×7.
- Love this paper and wanted to show off the patterns more than the original sketch allows. Expanded the size of the two background papers so that you can see the words on the ivory paper and the heart flowers on the brown paper.
- Moved the stripe up so that it could frame the patter papers together.
- Trimmed papers on right side because there aren’t as many photos and so the paper didn’t need to be as large as it is on the left side.
Here’s what it looks like as a one page layout. Pretty similar to the sketch.
This is my first time participating in any type of scrapbook challenge and I had so much fun! Not to mention that I completed another 2010 layout so I can cross this one off the list. If I hadn’t seen this challenge I wouldn’t have done this layout over the weekend. On Friday evening, I was able to quickly figure the photos to print so that I’d be ready to go on Saturday morning. The page came together very quickly.
Using sketches makes the page creating part go so much quicker. The longest part of the process is selecting the photos & editing (if necessary) before sending them to be printed. I will have to do more of these online assignments to help me get through my list of pages to scrapbook. Not to mention this helps get through all the great papers & supplies I’d like to use!