I have a pack of the Crazy Love paper that I haven’t used yet that will be perfect to use for Valentine’s Day layout that’s on my to-do list.
“I adore you”
Supplies: Patterned paper & chipboard embellishments: Bo Bunny-Crazy Love Collection Pack, Cardstock-Bazzil, Letters-Thickers & Making Memories
The layout is based on this great sketch supplied by Sketch Support. The sketch is a one page layout but I prefer to do two page layouts so I decided to alter it a little.
- I wanted to have a larger photo be the focal point of this layout. Changed the two 3×5 photos in the sketch to one 5×7.
- Resized other three photos before printing so that they’d be the right size for the photo block. They would all need to be 5 inches tall in order to work. The small two are 2 1/2 inches in height and the larger one is 5 inches just like the 5×7.
- Love this paper and wanted to show off the patterns more than the original sketch allows. Expanded the size of the two background papers so that you can see the words on the ivory paper and the heart flowers on the brown paper.
- Moved the stripe up so that it could frame the patter papers together.
- Trimmed papers on right side because there aren’t as many photos and so the paper didn’t need to be as large as it is on the left side.
Here’s what it looks like as a one page layout. Pretty similar to the sketch.
This is my first time participating in any type of scrapbook challenge and I had so much fun! Not to mention that I completed another 2010 layout so I can cross this one off the list. If I hadn’t seen this challenge I wouldn’t have done this layout over the weekend. On Friday evening, I was able to quickly figure the photos to print so that I’d be ready to go on Saturday morning. The page came together very quickly.
Using sketches makes the page creating part go so much quicker. The longest part of the process is selecting the photos & editing (if necessary) before sending them to be printed. I will have to do more of these online assignments to help me get through my list of pages to scrapbook. Not to mention this helps get through all the great papers & supplies I’d like to use!