I’d like to share two Halloween layouts that I’ve recently completed.
Since they are both Halloween themes I used the same Bo Bunny (Whoo-Ligans) line of paper & stickers. I get most of my supplies online (after Lasting Memories closed) and I ordered this paper a few years ago for these layouts. I love all of it and especially the blue scalloped square that’s the background for the first layout. Bo Bunny makes really GREAT patterned paper that’s double sided. And the little stickers with shakable eyes are simply adorable.
I made sure to order enough to do two layouts. Which is generally 5 pieces of paper: one small pattern, one large pattern, one stripe and then two solids (or other patterns if they aren’t too crazy). Because most of my layouts are from my Sketches for Scrapbooking books I know how many pieces of paper I’ll need upfront.
Supplies: pattern paper-Bo Bunny, Stickers-Bo Bunny, Cardstock-Bazzil, Letters-Thickers & Making Memories
- I used the stickers that are popped up to add dimension to the page. Added spider stickers on top of the spiders on the paper to make them pop out more.
- Love this sketch because it’s so easy/quick to complete. You can make it work with just a few photos or more than I’ve done. I only used 5 photos for this layout.
- Because I like the shape of the square blue piece I didn’t trim it down like the sketch.
This layout was based on this sketch at Sketch Support. Allison’s 3rd layout of the page used a big piece of paper like mine above and was the inspiration. I love the original sketch with circles as the embellishments, I need to do this one next time!
“Neighborhood Halloween Party”
Supplies: Pattern Paper & Stickers-Bo Bunny, Various Ribbons, Cardstock-Bazzil, Stickers-EK Success
- I used 7 photos for the layout. Reducing the number of photos I use to just the key ones is always the HARDEST part for me. I had so many cute ones of the boys that I am so proud when I can go from 100+ to only printing 7. It’s not often that my layouts will have less photos than the examples.
- Used a ruler to cut the green paper to have a scalloped edge.
- Creating a title was hard for this layout because the green pattern is so busy I didn’t want to make it to busy. I printed the text on the printer and then used the corner rounder to cut the edges and used a pop dot to raise it up.
- My favorite part of the layout is the journaling done on white paper that is the same as the background. I think it looks nice overlaid onto the photos. I’ve cut journaling into strips before but never used a monochromatic approach or put so much onto the photos.
This layout was based on this sketch found at Sketch Support. I got the great idea from Allison’s Halloween layout.
Now that I am trying to get through all of my old scrapbook supplies, I’ve got to make room for more Bo Bunny products! Love this stuff.